Privacy Statement – social media
This twitter social media channel, @Bayer4CropsIE, (hereinafter the “Social Media Channel“) is provided by Bayer CropScience Limited (hereinafter “us” or “we”). For further information regarding the provider of the Social Media Channel, please refer to our imprint.
A. Handling of personal data
In the following we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our Social Media Channel. Unless otherwise indicated in the following chapters, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data results from the fact that such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the Social Media Channel requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
I. Using our Social Media Channel
1. Using comment-, message- or chat-functions
You can contact us directly via the comment-, message- or chat-functions available on our Social Media Channel. The information provided by you in this context will exclusively be processed for purposes of responding to you, unless other purposes are indicated in this Privacy Statement.
2. Information on side effects and quality complaints
This Social Media Channel is not intended or designed for communications regarding quality complaints and/or other issues regarding the safeness or quality of Bayer Crop Science products. If we do receive communications regarding Bayer Crop Science products on this Social Media Channel, we will transfer the information into our customer complaints database and deal with it through that process.
3. Using a like-button function
4. Transfer of data for commissioned processing
For the administration of our Social Media Channel we will use specialised service contractors, who will have access to the personal data of all users contacting us via such Social Media Channel. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us. Based on respective data processor agreements, they will only process personal data upon our instruction and strictly in accordance with our directives.
5. Processing of data outside the EU / the EEA
Your data will in part also be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which generally have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data, e.g. by concluding specific agreements with our contractual partners (copy available on request), or we will ask for your explicit consent to such processing.
B. Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling , unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- right to data portability;
- right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact indicated below. (à C.).
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions about this privacy statement you can contact the Data Protection Officer. To do so, please use the following contact details and state that your enquiry relates to Bayer CropScience Limited:
By post: Data Protection Officer
Legal and Compliance Department
400 South Oak Way
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Processing of personal data by the platform provider
Please note that the platform provider of this Social Media Channel will also process your personal data when you visit our Social Media Channel. For further information, please consult the privacy statement of twitter https://twitter.com/privacy.
E. Amendment of this Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our Social Media Channel. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our Social Media Channel.
Last updated: 22.05.2018