Firebird – Product Overview
Firebird is widely recognised as the standard pre-emergence herbicide for early control of annual meadow grass weed and broad-leaved weeds in winter wheat and winter barley. It should form a key part of your anti-resistance strategy and, used in a programme with Alister Flex or Pacifica Plus (mesosulfuron-methyl and iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium), will provide robust control of grass weeds in winter wheat.
(Active substances: flufenacet and diflufenican)
- Safe with all varieties of winter wheat and winter barley
- Clean, user-friendly, white formulation with low, inoffensive odour
- Low product and active dose rate
- Reliable residual control even in dry autumn conditions
- Winter oilseed rape, winter wheat, winter barley, winter leaf brassicas and winter field beans may be drilled the following autumn
- Sugar beet, spring wheat, spring barley, potatoes, spring oilseed rape, peas, spring field beans, edible brassicas and onions may be drilled the following spring
Getting the best from Firebird
We recommend that you apply Firebird pre-emergence, typically within 10 days of drilling. When treating pre-emergence, seed should be covered with a minimum of 32mm of settled soil. Good weed control depends on burying any trash or straw before, or during, seedbed preparation. Seedbeds must have a firm, fine tilth.
Firebird as part of a programme
Firebird can be used as part of a programme. For the treatment of bromes, it can be followed by Alister Flex or Pacifica Plus and biopower in winter wheat. For winter barley, Firebird can be applied twice in sequence after a 6 week interval in the early autumn. See the tank mix for further information.
Firebird Product Summary
Active substances (concentration)
Flufenacet (400g/L) + diflufenican (200g/L)
Mode of action
Flufenacet: Inhibition of cell division
HRAC Resistance Group K3
Diflufenican: Inhibition of carotenoid synthesis (bleacher)
HRAC Resistance Group F1
SC (Suspension Concentrate) – off white in colour
All varieties of winter wheat and winter barley
Label application rate and maximum individual dose
Active delivered at 0.3 L/ha
120g/ha flufenacet + 60g/ha diflufenican
Maximum number of treatments
Two per crop
Latest time of application
Winter wheat: Pre-emergence to before GS 23
Winter barley: Pre-emergence to before GS 24
Pack Size 3L
For latest calendar dates see label.